How to Become a Loan Signing Agent in Maryland
There are several steps to becoming a loan signing agent. Take a look below and when you are ready, please click the link below to get started.
- You must first register with the State of Maryland to become a notary in Maryland.
- Sign up to study to take the Maryland State exam to become a Title Producer
- Register with the National Notary Association to get your E&O Insurance, stamps, notary journals and other tools needed to process loans
- Register with a list of approved signing services.
Iris D. Carter-Collins is certified by the National Notary Association, who works with a task force of leading title and mortgage services companies to develop a comprehensive training, certification and background screening solution for Notary Signing Agents.
Mrs. Carter-Collins, is certified, through the NNA’s enhanced Certification program, which includes privacy protection training and background screening (which includes screening for criminal and motor vehicle violations).
She is has been accepted and approved through the NNA’s all-inclusive, highly professional program that provides everything participants need to be skilled, responsible and marketable Notary Signing Agents:
- Training in the proper, ethical handling and notarization of loan documents
- The how-tos of compliance with regulations that require safeguarding of consumer privacy
- Certification Exam
- Background Screening
- Priority-status listing in SigningAgent.com
The 2016 Notary Kickoff Celebration – Feb. 5, 2016